AGM TECHNOLOGY - THE DIFFERENCE
The latest and most advanced battery technology is Advanced AGM, which was developed to provide increased safety, efficiency, and durability over all existing battery types. In Advanced AGM batteries the acid is absorbed into a very fine glass mat that is never free to slosh around. Secondly, since the plates are kept only "moist" with electrolyte, gas recombination is more efficient. (99% AGM). Thirdly, since the AGM material has an extremely low electrical resistance, the battery delivers much higher power and efficiency than the other two types. Last, Advanced AGM batteries offer exceptional life cycles.
The LIFELINE AGM valve regulated sealed lead acid batteries have absorbed electrolyte in a glass mat (AGM) separator and is not spillable as are the flooded or vented type batteries. The cells of Lifeline AGM valve regulated sealed lead acid batteries have pressure relief valves that are designed to keep positive pressure in each cell. They have superior strength, do not leak while inverted, and internally process charging gasses, all ideal marine battery characteristics. The older vented or flooded type battery cells are open to atmosphere through the vent cap holes (should the vented battery be tilted or inverted, the result can be electrolyte (sulfuric acid/water mixture) spilled all over your equipment, a highly corrosive and potentially dangerous condition).
The cell groups in the old vented type batteries are loosely packed and thus have high plate separation. In contrast, the LIFELINE AGM marine battery has every square inch of positive and negative plate material tightly packed and compressed with the AGM and supported by the walls of each cell. With this type of construction, LIFELINE offers much lower internal resistance ... greater starting power (particularly in cold temperature) ... and a much higher degree of protection against shock and vibration than the old flooded type.Lifeline Battery Benefits
- User Safe non spillable, sealed construction is submersible without damage and can be installed in any position if properly supported.
- Maintenance free (no adding water or repairing corroded terminals)
- Fastest recharge. (no current limitations with voltage regulated recharging)
- Deep Cycle (thick positive plates to provide real deep cycle performance)
- Outstanding cranking performance (aircraft cell construction lowers internal resistance)
- Best charge retention (especially against flooded cell types)
- Lowest discharge rates (Less that 3 percent per month unattended)
- Easily shipped (even via UPS except GPL-8D and GPLAD because of weight)
- Shock and vibration resistant. (100% of plates are covered with separator liners)
- Properly supported, LIFELINE AGM batteries with absorbed electrolyte can be installed and operated on their side.
Why do so many marine and RV enthusiasts choose Lifeline Batteries exclusively for their expensive equipment?
- Aircraft class cell construction lowers internal resistance for high repeated engine start current and withstands shock and vibration much better than flooded or gelled electrolyte designs.
- Twice as many discharge/charge cycles as the leading gel marine battery (see chart).
- Faster recharge; no current limitations with voltage regulated recharging.
- Much better charge retention than flooded cell types, even at high ambient temperatures.
- Full recharge after 30 days storage in a full discharge condition 77?F (25?C).
- Sealed construction with absorbed electrolyte - no shipment restrictions; submersible without damage; install in any position; no need for watering; no corrosion on terminals.
- Cell safety vent valves - pressure regulated, nonremovable.
- Rugged, nonmarring polypropylene (copolymer) case/cover.
- Safety - even during severe overcharge the LIFELINE AGM MARINE battery produces less than 2% hydrogen gas (4.1% is required for flammability in air).
- Military approved; Manufactured to DOD military specifications;
- Lifeline Marine batteries are not restricted from shipment by air. Passes DOT 49 CFR Sec.173.159.
- Model: GPL31MT LifeLine Battery
- Voltage: 12 Volt
- Capacity Ampere Hours: 100 (@20hr rate)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.90" X 6.75" X 9.27"
- Weight: 67 pounds
- Cold cranking amps: 1120@ 68 degrees F, 950 @ 32 degrees F
- 12 months of complete warrranty and 48 months of pro-rated warranty